In a continuing effort to provide high quality products, WaveFEA 2018.2 Hotfix 1 fixes or addresses a variety of issues.
- WaveFEA 2018.2 Hotfix 1(Build 2018.2.1.16) installs on WaveFEA 2018.2(Build 2018.2.0.14).
- This hotfix 1 will also support for SolidWorks 2013 version.
Notes About Installation Instructions
- Install WaveFEA 2018.2 Hotfix 1 on WaveFEA 2018.2(Build 2018.2.0.14).
- Install WaveFEA 2018.2 Hotfix 1 only on those machines which have previously installed with any additional updates or SolidWorks 2013, 2015, 2016 and 2017 SP1+.
- To verify if the installation is successful, start WaveFEA and on the Command Manager of WaveFEA click the About button. If the About box displays: Build: 2018.2.1.16, the installation was successful.
Summary of Fixed Issues for WaveFEA 2018.2 Hotfix 1
- Bearing Load issues have been fixed.
- Updated units for Frictional Stiffness for Stick in the Surface Contacts Dialog.
- Issue related to displaying stress results on both sides of shell elements is resolved.
- The units in the SPC summation dialog will be dynamically updated when the analysis units are updated w/o the need to rerun the analysis.
In a continuing effort to provide high quality products, WaveFEA 2018.2 fixes or addresses a variety of issues.
Summary of Known Issues in WaveFEA (2018.2)
- The Undo and Redo functionality is currently blocked while working in the WaveFEA environment.
- Visualization can be incorrect for rigid connectors when using the 'create point at center' option, but it works fine for large assemblies, sub-assemblies and parts.
- In the Include Group dialog, the 'New Group' button is not available.
- WaveFEA is displaying the coordinate system on GUI which are not referred in Load Dialog
- Zero length spring between two coincident points doesn't generate CBUSH.
- Features like the helical profile , pattern etc cannot be meshed as line elements
Workaround : Use convert entities to project set of sketch curves, pattrens, grids etc onto the sketch plane.
Loads and Constraints
- A Moment Load only supports face selection as the entity where the moment is applied. You can select an edge or vertex as the entity in the Moment Load dialog, but there is no warning that this is not supported, even after you hit OK. The analysis will solve for both cases, but the load will not be considered in the solution.
- Using the thrust load type of Bearing Load is not supported.
- Unable to select edge for a geometric entity that is already selected for Load.
- Grid Point Forces results for 1D and 2D elements are not included in the solution output.
- In the Laminate dialog, the ABD matrix calculation is not working as expected.
- Rigid Body connectors defined for models having regular shapes (for example : such as torus) are not acting at the center of gravity of the selected entities.
- When the Analysis is stopped before the completion of the analysis, the model visibility will not be there
Work around : close the model and open once again.
We thank all our customers who help us to identify and report issues. These reports will give us the opportunity to improve the product and provide you with the best solution in WaveFEA simulation. We also thank you for your continued business and for the feedback regarding the content of this release.